UPDATE: New Boost Mobile and Sprint prepaid devices can no longer be activated on Ting. This is due to Sprint’s new unlocking policy. When attempting activation you may receive the following message:
We no longer recommend buying a Boost or Sprint prepaid phone unless you do so in a store where you can run the MEID on the box through Ting’s MEID checker before purchase.
Sprint will not allow used prepaid phones to be activated on Ting unless they have been active for over 12 months on the original provider (i.e. Boost or Sprint prepaid).
The best option for most people will be to use Ting’s GSM network instead. For more information read our review of Ting’s GSM network. Another option is to purchase the Aquos Crystal directly from Ting – it will definitely activate and work as intended. If you are a new customer, you can receive a $25 discount by using this promotional link prior to purchasing it.
If you have had trouble activating a Boost or Sprint prepaid device you can let us know by voting here.
The Sharp AQUOS Crystal has just been released as a Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile exclusive device with a retail cost of $149. To learn more about this device check out my full review. In this post, I wanted to go ahead and share how to activate the device on Ting, my mobile service provider. As I explained in the Ting Moto G and LG Volt activation guides, this is not an “officially” supported device, but functions well on Ting.
I was able to get the Boost Mobile version of the Sharp AQUOS Crystal to activate perfectly on Ting. Voice, texting (SMS and MMS), and data including tri-band LTE work as intended.
The Sharp AQUOS does not have built-in tethering or a mobile hotspot and the third party tethering apps I tried did not work. Much like the Moto G, tethering or a mobile hotspot is not possible with this phone on the stock software. Other people have also had success with the Sprint prepaid version – both should work fine on Ting.
Activation of the Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Ting
The short version:
- Buy a Sharp AQUOS Crystal. I have personally tested the Boost Mobile version but have heard numerous reports that the Sprint prepaid version also works.
- Go to the Ting activation page and follow the prompts, entering the information they ask for.
- Restart the device and let it activate automatically.
- If the device does not immediately activate, open the phone dialer and press ##72786# to force a restart and the automatic activation sequence.
This phone activates no differently than any other Ting device. If you are familiar with activating a device on Ting simply follow the usual steps. For those who are new to Ting check out the detailed version below.
If are becoming a new Ting customer you may use my referral link right before starting the activation guide to get a free $25 credit to your Ting account. If you use it, I will also receive a credit, so thank you!
The detailed version for beginners:
Find the MEID number by checking the phone’s box, or on the device go to Settings → About phone → Status → scroll down for the MEID (DEC) number, and input that number into the BYOD page on Ting, and press the “Check” button.
The next page will say, “Your device can come to Ting!” with a button to “Activate now.” Click the activate now button:
You will then be asked to enter your ICCID, which is the number associated with the LTE SIM card that comes pre-installed in the device. It can be found by navigating to Settings → About phone → Status → and scrolling down until you see the ICCID number. Enter the ICCID number:
Now you have to select whether to swap numbers, port your number in, or get a new number, followed by verifying your billing details. The confirmation page and final activation page should look like this:
Your new Sharp AQUOS Crystal should now be activated online. To ensure the device itself is activated, restart the device. It should begin the initial setup and activation sequence:
If it does not start the “Initial Setup” shown above automatically, simply go to the phone dialer and enter ##72786# and tap “Yes” on the pop-up window as shown below. This will reset the carrier settings to default, restart the phone, and force the “Initial Setup” to activate your device.
The self-activation sequence should complete without any errors and then the device will restart. To check that everything works properly make a test call, send a regular text (SMS), a picture message (MMS), and browse a webpage with WiFi off to ensure data is functional. If anything does not work properly read the troubleshooting section below.
|Display:||5 inch HD LCD with a resolution of 1280
|Operating System:||Android 4.4.2 KitKat|
|Processor:||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1.2GHz Quad-core CPU|
|Storage:||8 GB expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card|
|Cameras:||Rear: 8MP with flash; Front: 1.2MP|
|LTE:||Sprint Spark tri-band LTE|
Troubleshooting and FAQs
- Do I need a SIM card for this phone?
- The phone requires a UICC SIM that is included pre-installed in the device. Assuming you are buying a new Sharp Aquos Crystal, the required SIM card will come pre-installed. You do not need to buy a SIM card from Ting.
- My phone is not roaming. What should I do?
- Make sure the preferred roaming list (PRL) is updated. To update the PRL go to Settings → System update → and tap Update PRL.
- Will only the Boost Mobile version work on Ting? What about the Sprint and Virgin Mobile variants?
- All I can say for certain is that I have personally tested the Boost version and it activates without any issues. I have heard that the Sprint prepaid version also works, but I have not personally tested that device.
If you have any other questions or issues please tell us about them in the comments section below and if you found this guide helpful please use the buttons below to share this guide or to give it a +1. Thanks!